Scope of Express Limited Warranty
This Express Limited Warranty applies to Artistica Home (“Artistica”) products that have been purchased from a factory-authorized dealer. Artistica is a division of Lexington Home Brands (“Lexington”), which is also referenced in this document. Rights under this warranty apply only to the original purchaser and must be pursued only through the authorized dealer of original purchase.
Under the terms of this limited warranty, Artistica warranty obligations are limited to the terms set herein. Specifically, Artistica may repair the item, replace the item, or offer an allowance for the original consumer to retain the item in “as-is” condition. Such choice of repair, replacement, or allowance is strictly at the sole discretion of Artistica.
No Implied Warranties
THIS WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY PROVIDED BY ARTISTICA. THE WARRANTY AND REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE, AND ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NO EMPLOYEE, REPRESENTATIVE, AGENT, DEALER OR ANY OTHER PERSON HAS THE AUTHORITY TO ASSUME OR INCUR ON BEHALF OF ARTISTICA ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY IN PLACE OF, OR ADDITION TO, THIS WARRANTY, OR TO MODIFY IT IN ANY WAY. ARTISTICA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND THAT THE GOODS ARE FIT FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ARTISTICA ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IF ARTISTICA CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THEN TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, SO THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
- This warranty is voided if the product is modified or altered in any way after shipment from Artistica.
- This warranty is voided if anything, including but not limited to a treatment of any nature, is applied to the product after the original factory packing has been opened.
- Artistica reserves the right to modify the product from its form shown on showroom floors or in catalogs. Such modifications are not considered defects under this warranty.
- Freight or handling damages are not considered defects under this warranty. Such claims should be filed with the freight carrier.
- This warranty applies under conditions of normal residential usage. It does not apply to defects or damage resulting from negligence, abuse or misuse – including but not limited to inadequate or improper maintenance, exposure to water, salt air, chemicals, accidents, any use for which the product was not designed, or commercial use (including rental, business, commercial, institutional or any non-residential use), nor does it cover ordinary wear-and-tear.
- Because of the natural materials used in the manufacturing process, and the fact that products are generally handmade, minor variations will occur from piece to piece. These are not considered defects under this warranty.
- Stone and marble contain vein-lines, hairline fissures, pores and color variations that are natural characteristics and are not considered defects under this warranty.
- Sunlight will cause wood, finishing materials, and fabrics to change color – these changes are not considered defects under this warranty.
- Extremes in temperature and humidity can cause both wood and finishing materials to shrink, swell, warp, split, and glue seams to fail. These damages are not considered defects under this warranty.
- Direct contact with rubber and some types of plastic materials may damage the finish. Such damage is not considered a defect under this warranty.
- Direct contact with petrochemical products, (nail polish remover, alcohol, etc.) will damage the finish. Such damage is not considered a defect under this warranty.
- Woven materials, including but not limited to wicker, sea grass, and other similar materials are comprised of individual strands that can move, causing unfinished areas to show under the strands or the finish to slightly peel where it bridges between strands. These characteristics are not considered defects under this warranty.
- Artistica products are not designed for outdoor use. There may be images in catalogs that showcase items in an outdoor setting. This is for creative purposes only, and not an indication that the product is suitable for outdoor use. Damage due to exposure to outdoor elements is not considered a defect under this warranty.
- Neither this nor any other warranty, express or implied, is offered by Artistica for any electrical devices, including but not limited to lighting fixtures, surge protectors, or computer, electronic or multi-media management devices that may be included with your Artistica product.
Case Goods – Limited One (1) Year Warranty
Subject to the General Limitations contained herein, Artistica warrants the products covered by this warranty to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a term of one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original purchaser.
Fabric and Leather – Limited One (1) Year Warranty
Subject to the General Limitations contained herein, fabric and leather coverings, (excluding Customer’s Own Material, which has no warranty), are warranted to be free of manufacturing defects for one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original purchaser against seam slippage, mis-weaves, breakdown, shrinkage, loss of nap, and dye transfer as long as the upholstered furniture is used under normal wear and normal conditions.
- All claims for warranty service must be made in writing, and accompanied by your name, address, phone number, your original proof of purchase (original dated sales receipt), appropriate documentation confirming date of delivery and a brief description of the defect.
- In order to determine if a defect exists and how to best arrange repair, replacement or allowance, Artistica may require photographs of the defect or a personal inspection by a Artistica representative.
- Claims must be made through the dealer where the furniture was originally purchased. If contact with the original dealer cannot be made for reasons beyond consumer’s control, contact should be made directly with Lexington Home Brands at 1300 National Highway, Thomasville, NC 27360, Attn: Consumer Services or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artistica will not be responsible for transportation, shipping or packing charges without prior written approval by a Artistica Consumer Services Manager.
- Failure to follow the above instructions may result in delays, causing the consumer to incur additional charges, or may void this warranty.
If you have any questions concerning this warranty, please contact:
Lexington Home Brands, 1300 National Highway, Thomasville, NC 27360 Attn: Consumer Services, or by phone at 336-474-5300, ext. 2. For e-mail correspondence, send to email@example.com.